Endocrinology Nurse Practitioner
Company: Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Serv
Posted on: November 16, 2023
The nurse practitioner demonstrates appropriate patient care
management and documentation. They are responsible for coordination
of comprehensive multidisciplinary and integrated patient plan of
care. They ensure patient safety and appropriate service
excellence. The nurse practitioner will be responsible for
maintaining emergency preparedness readiness and responding
appropriately to emergency situations. They will be accountable to
maintain professional responsibilities.Responsibilities:
- Obtains and documents subjective history and physical.
- Conducts relevant physical exam, documenting pertinent positive
and negative findings.
- Identifies a diagnostic impression and/or formulates a
differential based on the subjective and objective data
- Writes prescription(s) according to New York State and federal
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that includes health
maintenance, anticipatory guidance and appropriate medical and
nursing interventions according to established protocols/practice
- Assesses and documents patient response to treatment and
- Provides and documents health teaching that is oriented to the
appropriate problem and/or developmentally age-appropriate health
maintenance or anticipatory guidance issues.
- Consults and/or refers as per collaborative
agreements/protocols. Documents same as well as documents follow
- Communicates pertinent information to nurses, medical staff or
any other health care providers.
- Escalates changes in patient condition or concerns with
collaborating physician and health care team.
- Utilizes evidence-based practices.
- Coordinates discharge plan and documents the discharge summary
in the patient's medical record.
- Conducts proper patient identification.
- Administers care in accordance with safety, environment and
infection policies and procedures.
- Communicates a clear and comprehensive handoff to other health
- Educates patients/families on plan of care as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities, continuing education,
and policy development.
- Acts as a resource for staff and serves as a role model.
- Participates in departmental staff meetings and committees as
- Keeps current in specialty area by attending conferences and
- Participates in quality activities to ensure continual
performance improvement that is patient focused and clinically
pertinent to the area worked.
- Communicates with patients and family with courtesy and
- Incorporates cultural diversity into their practice.
- Explains plan of care to patients/ families in a way that is
- Maintains lifesaving certifications.
- Activates and responds to internal and external emergency
years of professional nursing experience.Education:Master's degree
in a nurse practitioner program and national board certification in
specialty area required.Licenses / Certifications:Must have and
maintain a valid NYS Nurse Practitioner license and Registered
Nurse license.Benefits:We offer a comprehensive compensation and
benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Saving Account
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition ReimbursementWMCHealth is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. It is the policy of Westchester Medical Center Health
Network to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 or
older), marital status, genetic information or carrier status,
disability (mental or physical), citizenship status, pregnancy,
military service or veteran status, arrest or criminal accusation,
domestic violence victim status or any other status protected by
federal, state, or local law.Compensation Information:$62.23 /
Hourly - $62.23 / HourlyStarting At: 62.23 HourlyUp To: 73.05
Keywords: Westchester Medical Center Advanced Physician Serv, White Plains , Endocrinology Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Hawthorne, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!