CTICU Intensivist/ Cardio Thoracic ICU Intensivist FULL TIME NIGHTS
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 16, 2023
White Plains Hospital, a 292 bed, leading award-winning
hospital, located 25 miles north of Manhattan, in White Plains,
Westchester NY, is looking for a NY licensed CTICU Intensivist for
its cardiac service line started in 2021.
This is a full time nights position with weekend/holiday rotations.
Hours are 6:30pm to 6:30am with 12-13 shifts/month. As part of the
critical care team, the Intensivist will collaborate closely with
the Multidisciplinary Cardiac Services team in the delivery of
peri-operative care to the Cardiac Services patient. White Plains
Hospital offers competitive compensation and benefits including
generous vacation, tuition assistance, 403b plans and more. As a
member of the Montefiore Health System, White Plains Hospital draws
upon Montefiore s rich, 65-year history of successful contributions
to the cardiac field to remain at the forefront of cardiac surgery
and deliver exceptional outcomes for even our most high-risk
patients. Introduced to White Plains Hospital in 2021, cardiac
surgeons use state-of-the-art operating rooms and the latest
technology to meet the specialized needs of every patient,
transforming the Hospital into one of the premier destinations for
top-quality and life-saving cardiac care in the Hudson Valley.
Working closely with a network of cardiologists and specialists
throughout the Hudson Valley, the Hospital can now provide patients
access to complex cardiothoracic procedures and open-heart
surgeries, meaning that patients diagnosed with surgically
correctable heart disease can stay local to receive the lifesaving
care they need. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CTICU INTENSIVIST
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards,
Policies and Behaviors.
- Coordinates the care (evaluation, treatment, admission, and
discharge) of patients who are admitted to the department of
- Thoroughly, and with adequate frequency, communicates with
patient, appropriate family members, surgeon, specialty consulting
physicians, and hospital staff regarding the status of the admitted
- Provides education for staff and patients / family with whom
the Intensivist interacts.
- Oversees activities of Advanced Practice Providers (NPs & PAs)
in the ICU.
- Institutes immediate and appropriate intervention in life or
- Documents evaluation of and treatment given to all patients.
Provides each patient with discharge instructions, both oral and
written. Gives referring physician verbal and written report upon
discharge of patient.
- Works assigned shifts and when on-shift does not leave the
- Attends all relevant professional meetings scheduled for the
- Participates in chart review and organized activities to reduce
length of stay and improve quality outcomes.
- Participates in institutional initiatives such as disaster
planning and response, environment of care /safety, risk
- Performs all other related duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
OF THE CTICU INTENSIVIST
- Medical Degree (MD or DO) with Fellowship in Critical Care
Medicine or other relevant specialty.
- Valid NYS Medical License.
- Valid ACLS Certification.
- Compliance with CME Requirements (Hospital, Regional, State,
- Board Certified
- Experience/ Training in Cardiothoracic Surgery ICU is preferred
WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Great Place to Work
- Magnet Recognized
- AACN Beacon Award of Excellence for Critical Care Nursing
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Regional Hospital
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award
- Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals
- Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval
- AHA Designation as a primary stroke center. And many more.
ABOUT WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL White Plains Hospital (WPH), a proud
member of the Montefiore Health System, is a 292-bed not-for-profit
health care organization located less than 25 miles from Manhattan,
NY. As we grow and expand our services, we are searching for
candidates who value and exemplify teamwork and a commitment to
customer service, quality and excellence. If yes - come grow with
us and be a part of what is exceptional, every day!
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , CTICU Intensivist/ Cardio Thoracic ICU Intensivist FULL TIME NIGHTS, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!