Company: The Kensington White Plains
Location: White Plains
Posted on: August 4, 2022
SIGN-ON BONUS OF $1,000 -- JOIN OUR TEAM! About the Kensington
Team Have you been searching for an organization with heart? A work
environment where you can make a difference in many lives? A place
where you can grow professionally and personally? Kensington Senior
Living has been built upon two key values: a Love for Seniors and a
Spirit to Serve. We want people who are dedicated to the mutually
rewarding experience that comes from caring for others. We are
currently hiring experienced LPNs to work part time shifts (7am-3pm
and 3pm-11pm). The ideal candidate will have Assisted Living and/or
Memory Care experience, as well as experience with high acuity
care. Summary: The LPN is responsible for providing supervision and
coordination of medication management and resident care delivery.
Additionally, the LPN assists the Director of Nursing in setting
standards of nursing care and management of residents under the
direction of a physician. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and accurately assists residents with the
self-administration of prescribed medications to residents in
accordance with individual medication care records. Organizes
medication carts to help ensure accuracy and efficiency during the
- Maintains inventory of required medications, monitors
expiration dates, and properly stores medications. Follows
controlled drug procedures, and ensures proper disposal of expired,
contaminated, or excess drugs. Assures that all resident medication
records are accurate, complete, and all mandatory forms are on
- Assists in examinations and/or treatment of residents and
carries out orders as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Assists Director of Nursing with scheduling and follow up on
physician appointments and ensuring medication orders are
accurately recorded and carried out.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and
responds to all emergency situations. Performs first aid and/ or
CPR, if required.
- Assures that all resident records are accurate. Completes and
signs paperwork, resident care notes, medication administration
records and incident reports and provides follow-up as required.
Maintains confidentiality of resident and community
- Interviews and examines current residents to assess needs,
monitors and records resident medical condition and behavioral
changes, assists in the formal process to re-assess resident care
needs and recommends adjustments to care plans.
- Report any suspicion or evidence of elder abuse, mistreatment,
- Attends training courses and participates in other professional
development activities as required. Qualifications:
- Current LPN License.
- Minimum of three (3) years in similar position, with retirement
living or home-care background preferable.
- High school degree required; college degree preferred.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with
people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive
- Must be able to read and write English and follow verbal and
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Must be criminally cleared by our background check process,
including finger printing.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of
performing assigned tasks. Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication
- Ability to work effectively within a team- based
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items,
staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts.
- Knowledge of applicable health care and employment Federal and
- Must have excellent computer skills. Our Benefits Include:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Lunches/Dinners
- Nearby bus/train access COVID VACCINATION POLICY Kensington
Senior Living requires our employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 and to receive a booster dose on or before their first
date of employment. Fully vaccinated means that at least two weeks
has passed since an individual received the final dose of an
authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. We are an equal opportunity
employer. We will provide reasonable accommodations to those
individuals who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability
or sincerely held religious belief unless it would impose an undue
hardship or pose a direct threat of substantial harm to the
employee or others. KWP22 PI184722451
Keywords: The Kensington White Plains, White Plains , LPN/LVN, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!