Company: KA Recruiting Inc.
Location: White Plains
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Generalist opening in White Plains, New York. This and other
medical technologist jobs brought to you by
Top Medical Practice Hiring Medical Technologist *Ranked Top
Workplace in Healthcare in New York Shift: 2:00-10:30pm Competitive
Salary + Shift Diff. The Laboratory Technologist is accountable for
the accuracy and reliability of all testing run under his/her
supervision, both patient and Q.C. material; and reporting results
accurately and in a timely manner. Essential Functions and Job
- Ensures that all testing performed under his/her supervision is
according to WMG established, approved procedures and quality
- Ensures that all testing is done under optimal conditions (ie.
Instruments functioning properly; reagents in good condition and
proper technique followed.)
- Responsible for notifying the doctor within 60 minutes for STAT
requests and PANIC values following WMG policies.
- Responsible for performing maintenance procedures on the
instrumentation as dictated by the manufacturer, if needed.
- Responsible for entering and or checking data before they are
entered into the patient's records.
- Investigates and resolves problems; informs lab
staff/laboratory manager of any and all serious problems.
- Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents
needed for Federal/State inspections as directed by the
- Responsible for keeping track of all laboratory supplies and
letting the QA/ QC POC Coordinator/ Lab Manager know when orders
need to be placed.
- Complies with all WMG policies and OSHA regulations related to
safety, cleanliness and infection control.
- Responsible for performing proficiency testing for all tests
performed and make sure that each sample is treated as a patient
- Responsible for the accurate and efficient use of the EMR/ LIS
system including the Harvest downtime procedure.
- Participates in continuous education such as Medelearn and
- Maintain laboratory testing related competency
- Maintain technical accuracy in all areas of the Lab.
- Performs other ancillary duties as directed by competent
authority. For more information and immediate consideration please
send your resume directly to
Keywords: KA Recruiting Inc., White Plains , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!