Quality in Design Manager
Company: Danone North America
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 8, 2019
Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for Quality in Design
Manager United States (US) White Plains Danone is a global food
company holding top positions in healthy food through its four
businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and
Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as
many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and
business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000
Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people
looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone
truly has something special inside!
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: The Quality in Design Manager serves as a
liaison between the Quality organization and several functions
across the enterprise including Engineering, R&D, Marketing,
Procurement, Project Management, and Supply Chain. The primary
responsibility is to lead the quality effort in the
commercialization of new products and processes through the entire
product design process from marketing concepts to mass
SCOPE OF ROLE: The Quality in Design Manager will support
innovation, renovation, & productivity projects with internal
customers while assisting our manufacturing facilities that produce
Danone products with the project and product commercialization.
This position will also serve as a QFS & Technical subject matter
expert in our existing and upcoming product categories, regulatory
interpretation, and as the QFS representative for new
product/process start-up and qualification activities. As needed,
the Quality in Design Manager will engage in activities with
equipment manufacturers, industry colleagues, and regulatory
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Represent QA on Program Management teams, coordinating quality
efforts with cross functional core team members.
* Administer technical guidance on new projects to ensure processes
and equipment are capable of meeting company standards for Quality
and Food Safety
* Provide quality assurance expertise/direction/support in the
manufacture of new and existing products
* Coordinate design activities with all other functional Quality
managers involved in the Product Life Cycle including Plant Quality
Managers and the Sales & Supply Chain groups.
* Perform technical qualifications of potential new facilities to
ensure quality and food safety expectations are met; deliver a
remediation recommendation plan as needed.
* Overall Risk Management by eliminating risks through strong
problem solving or by use of specific tools & controls.
* Follow company program management process ensure that quality and
food safety requirements are adequately met
* Provide project status, risk, alerts, and action plan reports and
communications to leaders and cross-functional colleagues.
* Participate in validation of Project phase transitions using
updates on risk assessment/risk management
* Work closely with cross-functional technical team to troubleshoot
and communicate formulation and process problems where necessary -
ensure root cause and corrective actions are appropriate and are
* Develop a rapport with plant and QA managers of all company owned
and contract manufacturing facilities.
* Provide support for quality and process improvement
* Utilize Six Sigma, Lean, and/or other continuous improvement
concepts to improve quality, efficiency, and waste.
* Stay current with all key regulatory and certifying agency
* All other duties as assigned.
TRAVEL: Estimated at 30-50% primarily to Danone and contract
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
* Education and Experience:
Degree: BS in Science/Food Science/Engineering or equivalent. MS
* 5+ years previous Quality Assurance experience in food
manufacturing environments with emphasis on Cultured, ESL, Aseptic,
Baking, Plant Based, and/or Dairy manufacturing.
* Responsibilities for overseeing quality/technical services in
* Experience in risk analysis (i.e. HACCP, FMEA)
* Experience in Product development
* Understanding of plant production systems, manufacturing
equipment, GMP, SPC, sanitation, plant safety, GFSI (SQF, FSSC
22000), quality systems, and current food regulations
* Prior or present responsibility as Quality Assurance
Manager/Engineer for a food manufacturing facility
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be adaptable and flexible.
* Must be able to travel
* Strong Knowledge of product commercialization processes, quality
and food safety systems.
* Must have technical and scientific knowledge of formulation,
industrial process and equipment
* Must be collaborative, have a technical curiosity, strong
troubleshooting skills, and have leadership ability
* Solid strategic skills and a demonstrated capacity to interface
at all levels of a matrix organization
* Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent record keeping/documentation skills
For more information about Danone, its people and its business,
please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Law, Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Quality,
Engineering, Legal, Management
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic
characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Keywords: Danone North America, White Plains , Quality in Design Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!