Company: Highgate Hotels, LP
Location: White Plains
Posted on: October 11, 2019
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assisting in
coordinating, supervising and directing all aspects of F&B
outlet s and Banquet serice operations, while maintaining a
profitable Banquet and F&B outlet and high quality products and
service levels. He/she is expected to market ideas to promote
business; reduce employee turnover; maintain revenue and payroll
budgets; and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality
* Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the outlet and
* Supervise outlet and Banquet personnel.
* Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner.
* Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of issues
as they arise.
* Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or
matters requiring his/her attention.
* Assist in coordinating and monitoring all phases of Loss
Prevention in the outlet.
* Prepare and submit required reports in a timely manner.
* Ensure preparation of required reports, including (but not
limited to) Wage Progress, payroll, revenue, employee Schedules,
quarterly actions plans.
* Monitor quality of service in F&B outlet.
* Assist in menu planning and preparation.
* Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and
* Ensure compliance with SOP s in all outlets.
* Ensure compliance with requisition procedures.
* Be visible on the floor and assist staff as needed during each
* Conduct staff performance reviews in accordance with Highgate
* Ensure the training of employees on SOP s and technical job
* Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
(CARE, One to One), etc.
* Interview candidates for front-of-house F&B positions and
follow standards for hiring approvals.
* Complete tip reporting.
* Understand, implement and monitor corporate promotions in outlet
(if applicable), including buffet and three-meal concept
* Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying
concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
* Long hours sometimes required.
* Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel
Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
including wearing nametags.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage
safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and
assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information,
data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal
employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an
applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any
other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will
provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to
participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test
or job interview) if so requested.
Keywords: Highgate Hotels, LP, White Plains , F&B Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!