Senior Manager, Quality In Design
Company: Danone North America
Location: White Plains
Posted on: April 14, 2019
USD - Dannon in ESSENTIAL DAIRY & PLANT-BASED is looking for a
Senior Manager, Quality In Design in White Plains, NY.
With our global presence, brands and business within our
mission,bringing health through food to as many people as possible;
we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable
business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: The Quality in Senior Design Manager serves as
a liaison between the Quality organization and several functions
across the enterprise including Engineering, R&D, Project
Management, and Supply Chain. The primary responsibility is to lead
the quality effort in the commercialization of new products and
processes through the entire product design process from marketing
concepts to mass production.
SCOPE OF ROLE: The Quality in Design Senior Manager will support
manufacturing facilities that produce Danone NA products while
establishing and promoting a Quality Focused Culture. This position
will also serve as a subject matter expert in product categories,
regulatory interpretation, and as the food safety and quality
representative for new product/process start-up and qualification
activities. As needed, the Quality in Design Manager will engage in
activities with equipment manufacturers, industry colleagues, and
Represent QA on Project Management teams, coordinating quality
efforts with core team members.
* Provide quality assurance expertise/direction/support in the
manufacture of new and existing products
* Coordinate design activities with all other functional Quality
managers involved in the Product Life Cycle including Plant Quality
Managers and the Sales & Supply Chain groups.
* Perform technical qualifications of potential new facilities to
ensure quality and food safety expectations are met; deliver a
remediation recommendation plan as needed.
* Overall Risk Management by eliminating risks through strong
problem solving or by use of a specific control
* Administer technical guidance on new projects to ensure processes
and equipment are capable of meeting company standards for quality
* Follow company project management process ensure that quality and
food safety requirements are adequately met
* Provide project status, risk, alerts, and action plan reports and
communications to leaders and cross-functional colleagues.
* Participate in validation of Project phase transitions using
updates on risk assessment/risk management
* Work closely with R&D team to troubleshoot and communicate
formulation and process problems where necessary - ensure root
cause and corrective actions are appropriate and are fully
* Develop a rapport with plant and QA managers of all company owned
and co-pack facilities.
* Provide support for quality and process improvement
* Utilize Six Sigma, Lean, and/or other continuous improvement
concepts to improve quality, efficiency, and waste.
* Stay current with all key regulatory and certifying agency
* All other duties as assigned.
TRAVEL: Estimated at 30-50% primarily to Danone NA and contract
Education and Experience:
Degree: BS in Science/Food Science/Engineering or equivalent
* 7-10+ years previous Quality Assurance experience in food
manufacturing environments with emphasis on Cultured, ESL, Aseptic,
Baking, and/or Dairy equipment.
* Responsibilities for overseeing quality/technical services in
* Experience in risk analysis (i.e. FMEA)
* HACCP/ PCQI experienced/ certified
* Experience in Product development
* Understanding of plant production systems, manufacturing
equipment, GMP, SPC, sanitation, plant safety, GFSI (SQF, FSSC
22000), quality systems, and current food regulations (CFR 21
* Minimum level of prior or present responsibility as Quality
Assurance Manager/Engineer for a food manufacturing facility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must be adaptable and flexible.
* Must be able to travel
* Strong Knowledge of product commercialization processes, quality
and food safety systems.
* Must have technical and scientific knowledge of formulation,
industrial process and equipment
* Must be collaborative, have a technical curiosity, strong
troubleshooting skills, and have leadership ability
* Solid strategic skills and a demonstrated capacity to interface
at all levels of a matrix organization
* Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent record keeping/documentation skills
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job may require prolonged sitting and standing, bending,
stooping and climbing. It will also require eye-hand coordination
and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier,
telephone, calculator and laboratory equipment. Requires normal
range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare
and communicate appropriate reports and laboratory results. It may
require lifting up to 50 pounds. It may require exposure to
machines, chemicals and solvents.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business,
please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do
ABOUT DANONE NORTH AMERICA
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of
Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White
Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. Danone North America was formed as a
Public Benefit Corporation in 2017 to nourish people, communities
and the world through its diverse portfolio of healthful dairy- and
plant-based products, coffee creamers and beverages. Its portfolio
of brands includes: Activia , DanActive , Danimals , Dannon ,
Danonino , Danone , Earthbound Farm , Horizon Organic premium dairy
products, International Delight coffee creamers and iced coffee,
Light & Fit , Oikos Greek yogurt, Silk plant-based foods and
beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega and Wallaby Organic. The
mission of the Company is to bring health through food to as many
people as possible. For more information, please visit
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Law, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Lean Six Sigma,
Quality, Legal, Engineering, Operations, Management
Keywords: Danone North America, White Plains , Senior Manager, Quality In Design, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!