Senior Manager - Device Engineering
Company: Job Juncture
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Major Medical Device Provider and Leader in its field for over 70 years seeks a highly motivated and determined candidate to lead its Device Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to leverage your strong leadership experience and technical expertise while growing your career with a premier industry leader.
In this hands on role, you and your team will convert business needs into system design and requirements, ensuring timely delivery and quality of Systems Engineering deliverables for these products while meeting customer needs, business objectives, and strategic goals. The successful candidate is a strong leader who excels at communicating and coordinating activities between the Systems Engineering and other teams.
Expected responsibilities include driving new product development and cost down initiatives while meeting manufacturing, safety, quality, regulatory code compliance, and marketing objectives. To be successful, you must be capable of driving innovation and new product development, estimating development costs, and monitoring assigned projects through all phases of development. The successful candidate is a systems thinker well versed in current product development methodologies (Agile, stage-gate) who flourishes in a fast paced and ever-changing environment and is comfortable exploring new areas.
- Develop functional strategic plans for development of next-generation products; Lead system electrical / embedded software architecture development, design system electronics and build prototype systems, implement hardware and embedded software, prototype and develop embedded software/UI for system control, design documentation and presentation
- Work with key strategic partners and other R&D functions to generate new product definition, technical direction and perform technical feasibility study; collaborate with vendors and key partners to develop, deliver, and maintain our device product portfolio.
- Establish and lead the team to create state-of-the-art technical capabilities in electrical and embedded software; develops core engineering competence and ensures the team uses of world class engineering processes, procedures and development tools.
- Drive the discovery and/or application of new hardware and embedded software development approaches, methods and technologies to ensure optimal effectiveness of device software and electronics engineering team contributions to projects. Ensures processes, procedures and development tools are compliant with regulatory guidelines and directives
Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to device engineering team members regarding their career development plans ensuring each member executes those plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years in Engineering. Previous experience working in either the medical device or a regulated industry with a background in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering is highly preferred
Hands-on, current, and deep mix of experience in the development of embedded systems products some of which are medical devices
Experience with precision, low power, high volume, portable electronic device hardware and embedded software; Wearable sensor and software algorithm technology delivery experience is a plus
Proven success in determining and incorporating key technologies (analog, digital, display, low-power, communication, and micro-processor) into products
Proactive, engaged leadership style with demonstrated ability to dig deep into challenges, bringing together the relevant stakeholders to resolve complex technical design problems and deliver required solutions with required quality levels on time and within budget
Results-oriented leadership mindset with strong planning and organizational skills who is able to envision and articulate the future while driving day to day cross-functional activities and discussions
A proven track record of successful contribution to products, projects, processes and intellectual property; Demonstrated success in performing robust feasibility studies leading to IP generation
Experience working in an Agile or hybrid agile/iterative development processes is required
Evidence of strong software architecture skills. Has excellent skill at designing embedded system hardware and software. Demonstrated ability of negotiating tradeoffs between hardware and software architecture decisions
Automation framework and software infrastructure development experience is a plus
** This opening requires that candidates have either a Green Card or US Citizenship **
Keywords: Job Juncture, White Plains , Senior Manager - Device Engineering, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!