Senior EHS Manager
Company: Danone North America
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 1, 2019
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXCEPTIONAL TALENT TO HELP US SUCCEED. OUR SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, CA PLANT, IS A STATE OF THE ART PROCESSING SYSTEM. THE EHS MANAGER WILL LEAD ALL EHS ACTIVITIES FOR EBF EMPLOYEES IN CA TO INCLUDE OUR PRODUCTION PLANT IN SAN JUAN BAUTISTA, REMOTE FARMING LOCATIONS AND OUR FARM STAND IN CARMEL VALLEY AND OUR AZ MANUFACTURING LOCATION. EBF HAS ROUGHLY 1,500 EMPLOYEES.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of programs to ensure that the Company provides a safe workplace for employees and minimizes impacts to the environment. Will lead compliance with all federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations. Implements a sustainable environmental, health and safety management system at a plant level and drives EHS performance improvement, a strong safety culture and efficiency. This position will participate in the DanoneWave EHS Leadership Network.
The incumbent is successful through strong leadership, vision, and effective management and ensures these goals in a professional atmosphere that enhances Company economic viability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops, implements, and drives cost-effective compliance training, and regulatory safety and environmental programs.
35% Build proactive safety culture. Creates an environment where employees and supervision are engaged in working safely.
10% Develops and implements EHS programs, policies, procedures and best practice techniques, implements new regulatory requirements, and provides control measures that reduce or eliminate risks to the Company. Implements and maintain an EHS Management Systems.
10% Conducts EHS assessments at the facility, identifies areas for improvement, lead corrective actions (from plant and corporate/3rd party audits). Reports EHS results to Supply Chain and Manufacturing management and Sr. Director, Environmental Health and Safety.
10% Oversees all EHS training programs and requirements. Leads EHS reviews and identify requirements for engineering projects, new lines/equipment and management of change activity.
15% Investigates injuries/illnesses, near-misses and environmental incidents. Determines root cause of incidences and provides corrective action plan. Manage and track injury and illness data and environmental metrics. Lead reduction in injury and illness rates and environmental impact and costs. Provides limited support for Workers Compensation. Serves as a champion for Sustainability projects.
20% Prepares, maintains, and complies with federal, state, and local agency environmental reporting and permitting and Corporate EHS Standards. Advise on all EHS legislation and legal requirements. Ensures facility maintains ongoing compliance with OSHA/EPA requirements, safety standards, wastewater treatment plant operations, air permits and waste management practices. Serves as the interface with local, state and federal agencies.
This section identifies the minimum job specifications required to perform the job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* MUST BE BILINGUAL AND SPEAK AND READ SPANISH FLUENTLY
* Exceptional leadership skills and ability to mentor and motivate (a real passion for EHS)
* Effective management skills
* Serves as a change agent to drive process improvements and cultural change
* Creates alignment
* Must be adaptable and flexible
* Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict, strict deadlines and multiple tasks
* Ability to assess and implement EHS best practices
* Excellent organization, recordkeeping and documentation skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelors or Masters in Safety, Environmental Health, Chemistry, or related field. Must be knowledgeable with OSHA and EPA regulations, California state requirements is a plus. Must have 10+ years of plant and manufacturing experience.
* See Appendix EHS technical skills
* SOFTWARE INCLUDING: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, and Lotus Notes
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Typical office and manufacturing environment
Support of 3 shift and weekend operations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Climbing and bending during walkthroughs of the plant
* Some prolonged sitting and bending from office work
* Normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports
* Some exposure to moving parts and machines, chemicals, and slippery environments
* Working under stressful conditions or occasionally working irregular hours
* Some exposures to extreme temperatures
* Some donning of personal protective equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a general office environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
* Be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people - is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations
* Analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time
* Handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis
* Communicate and provide verbal feedback in a professional manner
* Resolves problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure
* Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills
* Maintains compliance in HACCP, FQP, GMP and Safety
DanonWave offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
DanoneWave is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic, or any other unlawful criterion in accordance with applicable law. DanoneWave will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with all legal requirements.
With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight, Land O Lakes, Earthbound Farm, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega and Wallaby Organic brands, DanoneWave has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of
Keywords: Danone North America, White Plains , Senior EHS Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!