Manager, Short Term Disability Claims
Company: The Standard
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Overview If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you'll fit in at The Standard ( ). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way. Responsibilities As Manager of Disability Benefits, you'll provide leadership for a team of Short Term Disability (STD) claims professionals focusing on appropriate claims decisions. You'll be spending your efforts relationship building, creating connections, driving change and operational excellence. You'll anticipate, assess and address individual and systemic challenges. To do this, you must have the passion and drive to stay on the cutting edge of customer experience, continuous improvement, and STD practices. Y OUR R ESPONSIBILITIES
- You'll provide people and day to day claims decision and operational leadership to a team of approx 8 - 12 Claims Analysts.
- You'll build strong credibility and effective and trusting relationships with your team and other stakeholders to ensure business needs are met through operational and technological advancements.
- You'll study trends and provide insightful data to share your insights with your peers to help drive appropriate strategic decisions.
- You proactively identify barriers to success and work with other leadership members to define and implement innovative solutions. You'll identify areas of potential blind spots and put plans in place to remediate
- You'll keep abreast of market, legal and regulatory environments to ensure our disability programs, policies, and services maintain a competitive position in the marketplace.
- Diverse and effective talent, leadership and technical capability across the business is critical, so you will partner with the leadership team and our HR partners to support our goals relating to diversity of teams and thought and perspective; coaching and mentoring others to success, and providing an inclusive working environment where all feel they belong and can do their best work.
- You'll be instrumental in working with your colleagues to develop any necessary enhancements to our practices.
- You'll ensure your team meets business goals in claim decision process including accuracy, timeliness and other important facets.
- You'll ensure you have a fully trained staff capable of providing effective claim and account management and service. . Qualifications Y OUR Q UALIFICATIONS
- You'll have at least 5 years of claims adjudication experience.
- Prior people leadership experience strongly preferred.
- You'll have a strong knowledge base in:Managed disability and claims management principles and practices including: contract interpretation, ERISA, state and case laws pertaining to disability claim administration.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, science or medical related field or combination of experience is desired.
- An understanding of or having had direct exposure to a quality or process improvement or change management methodology e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PROSCI, required. PMI or substantive project management experience preferred. Ideally you've had some exposure to a large scale transformational organizational change
- You have the ablity to conduct some overnight travel as may be required to visit other locations or attend industry conferences. Your Attributes
- You've demonstrated strong inspirational and hands-on leadership qualities, capable of managing and bringing together diverse backgrounds and skill sets to create a team environment and produce intended results.
- You embrace stretch goals with enthusiasm while being grounded in reality.
- You are able to create and articulate a vision as well as gain buy-in and collaboration from across the organization with the ability to interact at all levels internally and externally in order to integrate efforts to accomplish strategic initiatives and key
- You are pro-active and self-motivated, inspire enthusiasm about the business and create a positive culture with high morale and strong accountability.
- You have the ability to generate pro-active strategies and creative solutions.
- You're an effective change agent/leader with exceptional influencing and presentation skills.
- You have the ability to deal with constantly changing internal and external environments. You're flexible and adaptable with the ability to evaluate the need for change and the impact of those changes on the team. Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable. For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here . Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at . This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
Keywords: The Standard, White Plains , Manager, Short Term Disability Claims, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!