Location: White Plains
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Our Company: Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B), is a multi-strategy, real
estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of
two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family
Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known
as LMC, is among the nation's most active developers, builders, and
managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council's
(NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra
Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals,
couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the
opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great
amenities. For additional information, please visit Summary of
Position: The Community Manager understands and implements the
Company's strategies related to property management by leading and
supervising Associates at the apartment community as they implement
the policies, procedures, and practices that enable the community
to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve
above-market operational performance objectives. They perform
various tasks associated with maintenance and leasing/marketing
while demonstrating the highest level of residential service with a
goal to exceed expectations. Principal Duties and
- Lead, direct and supervise Associates within the community,
ensuring they have the tools for success.
- Participate with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating
- Provide clear and concise instructions for effective management
of on-site Associates.
- Develop an integral team that effectively sells the quality and
professionalism of our Company.
- Conduct informative staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of
timesheets for the team.
- Ensure that the appearance and physical aspects of the
community meets the Company and residents established standards
through routine site and safety inspections and communicates
concerns and requests for capital to provide for the physical
upkeep of the community.
- Complete regular community inspections of common areas,
amenities, models, and vacant apartment homes and complete the
community inspection report.
- Respond promptly to Associate/resident/guest needs and
- Promote client satisfaction and retention through timely
reporting and on-going communication about the performance of the
- Ensure that Associates are implementing resident retention and
- Process and approve payment of invoices pertaining to
maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Complete and review various daily, weekly, and monthly reports
by making operating recommendations in a timely and accurate
- Monitor Budget Control Log and reports variances.
- Report and offer recommendations for community capital
improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid
acquisitions, and contract developments and negotiations.
- Review all renewals and prepare budget increase recommendations
according to the operating budget and market conditions that could
affect profitability of the community.
- Prepare and adhere to the guidelines of the community operating
budget and advise ways to maximize income and minimize
- Supervise and ensure collection of all rent and other community
- Support the overall marketing/leasing efforts and offer input
and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, and
- Supervise the planning and implementation of, and attends and
monitors, various community recreational and social
- Understand and comply with state landlord-tenant law, Fair
Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting
Act, and other laws and regulations governing multifamily housing
- Monitor the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests
and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according
to Company standards.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company,
community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by
immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment
malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or
other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at
all times.General Overview of Compensation & Benefits:
- The median base compensation for this position is estimated to
be $100,000 annually, subject to adjustment based of
business-related factors including employee qualifications and
- This position will be eligible for company benefits in
accordance with Company policy. We offer a competitive total reward
package including medical, dental and vision coverage along with a
broad range of supplemental benefits including 401k Retirement
Plan, prepaid legal assistance, and more. We also offer paid time
off for vacation, sickness, holiday, and bereavement. We are
pleased to be able to provide 100% company paid life insurance and
long-term disability insurance.
- This information is intended to be a general overview and may
be modified by the Company due to factors affecting the business.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is
- Bachelor's degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in property management,
including sales/multifamily leasing and supervisory
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate
effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial, and human
- Proficient with computerized financial and word processing
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add,
subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions,
and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and
interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously,
meeting deadlines, and working with minimal direction or
supervision. Physical Requirements:This is primarily a sedentary
office position which requires the Community Manager to have the
ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop,
reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is
necessary. This description outlines the basic responsibilities and
requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive
listing of all job duties of the Associate. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion,
physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy
or related condition, protected status, or any other status
prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our
Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
Keywords: Quarterra, White Plains , Community Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...