Lead Business Development Manager
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: March 9, 2023
SummaryThe Lead Business Development Manager provides the
strategic direction for the Business Development organization.The
position is responsible for the identification and development of
new business opportunities and energy policy projects in alignment
with NYPA's strategic plan.This position is responsible for some of
the largest, most strategically important NYPA projects, and
interacts with key executives in government, private industry, and
various non-governmental organizations. The Lead Business
Development Manager contributes to the development of policy
initiatives in the energy utility industry, provide analysis and
recommendations regarding competing businesses, operating and
financial models, and creates and delivers presentations for senior
- Identify and evaluate opportunities in alignment with NYPA's
- Perform or oversee the performance of economic, quantitative,
and statistical analysis to support the assessment of new
- Maintain knowledge of the NYISO markets and FERC transmission
proceedings to inform the assessment of new opportunities.
- Assemble and lead project teams to perform due diligence and/or
develop new business opportunities.
- Prepare the business case for new opportunities including the
commercial model, alignment with policy, and identifying key
- Prepare and make presentations to senior management proposing
and providing updates on business opportunities.
- Support senior business development management in negotiations
on new opportunities.
- Prepare, in collaboration with the legal department, agreements
such as Memorandum's of Understanding.
- Be knowledgeable of NYPA procurement processes to acquire
resources necessary to identify and develop new projects.
- Manage the due diligence process by overseeing the valuation
analysis process and the identification of sensitivities pertinent
to individual strategic opportunities.
- Act as a liaison between NYPA management team and project
stakeholders for implementation of new projects.
- Liaise with the senior management of external parties including
developers, transmission owners, NYISO, and regulatory
- Provide monthly reports on programs/projects and stakeholder
activities to the NYPA management.
- Participate in industry events, trainings, and conferences as
needed, , including NYISO and FERC meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested by senior Business
Development management.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good leadership skills with ability to communicate clear
objectives and motivate a team.
- Advanced communication skills including business writing and
oral presentation abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative
- Strong project management skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of the energy industry and NYISO
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact
effectively with colleagues and external organizations from various
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with senior
- Good understanding of financial and business concepts.
- Strong analytic skills.Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or a similar technical field
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or related field is
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in energy industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of financial modeling experience is
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with project contract
negotiating experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of Project management experience required,
PMI certification preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with the NYISO electric market
- Minimum of 5 years developing energy industry projects
including electric transmission line, renewable energy projects,
and power plant projects. Leadership role in the majority of this
experience is preferred.
- Experience and relationships with utility management,
regulatory agencies, and other industry stakeholders is
- Valid NYS drivers license required.
- Position requires up to 25% travel, primarily within NY
State.New York Power Authority is committed to providing fair,
competitive, and market-informed compensation. The target salary
range for this position is: $147,000-$179,500. Salary offered will
be determined based the successful candidates' relevant experience,
knowledge, skills, and abilities.The New York Power Authority and
Canals Corporation believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion
drive our success, and we encourage women, people of color,
LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic
minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. As an
equal opportunity employer, NYPA/Canals is committed to building
inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect
communities across NY and enthusiastically serve them. We proudly
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status,
pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, arrest record or
criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by
law.We are happy to provide reasonable religious accommodations
during the hiring process for those in need. If you have a
disability or special need that requires a reasonable
accommodation, please send a request to.
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Lead Business Development Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...