Company: Dale Workforce Solutions
Location: White Plains
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The position is responsible for the successful delivery of project
initiatives. This position resides in the Portfolio and Project
Management Group and executes business plan projects that enable
the realization of the strategic objectives and tactical business
The below highlights key accountabilities for this role. It is not
fully inclusive of all possible tasks that may be expected to be
performed by this role.
- Manages IT projects from start to finish. Projects may consist
of one or a combination of implementation or customizations of
commercial off-the-shelf insurance software applications;
mobile/web technologies, system integrations; software upgrades,
Intelligent Automation (RPA), and infrastructure
- Manages up to three (3) or more projects simultaneously,
depending on project complexity, duration, and lifecycle phase. The
average duration of most projects is 6 8 months.
- Manages a project team of matrixed resources. Resolves
challenges presented by resource and schedule availability in
matrixed organizations (project team members, including the PM, are
rarely 100% dedicated to a single project).
- Builds effort-driven and auto-scheduled project schedules using
MS Project/Project Server.
- Reconciles project team time cards from the time card system
with planned hours in the project plan; investigates and resolves
variances between planned and actual time reported on time cards;
adjusts project task effort/duration with the project plan as
necessary to maintain a correct forecast of ETC.
- Maintains and reconciles the project financial forecast in the
project financial accounting tool; investigates and resolves
variances between forecast and actual project costs. Proactively
releases excess project funds if not needed or requests additional
funding when necessary due to requested baseline changes.
- Prepares an Initial Charter that describes the project scope,
schedule, budget, and deliverables at a high level and defines the
target date and cost to complete the planning phase.
- Prepares an Amended Charter that describes the committed
project scope, schedule, budget, and deliverables after project
planning activities (detailed requirements and design) are
complete, adjusting estimates made in the Initial Charter as
necessary due to discoveries made in Planning.
- Utilizes established Project Change Request processes to manage
proactively all requests to change the approved baseline of a
- Accurately follows all documented PPM processes, procedures,
- Anticipates, identifies, and manages project risks, issues,
assumptions, and decisions; escalates appropriately and
- Monitors and controls the Execution (coding, testing) phases;
works with QA Lead to secure all testing environments; ensures a
test plan and strategy are in place for QA testing; may act as the
coordinator for UAT planning and execution activities.
- Prepares deployment (implementation) plan in collaboration with
the project team; ensures all necessary approvals have been
obtained to migrate project solution from lower environments to
- Ensures appropriate preparation and Execution of service
transition activities from development teams to operations
- Monitors and controls post-implementation acceptance of the
project; manages support activities for the new solution for at
least 30 business days (warranty period).
- Accurately closes the project by preparing a Project Close
Summary Report and completing the project plan in the PPM
- Prepares twice-monthly project status reports for each assigned
project that explain project pro.
- Meets regularly with project team(s), business
sponsors/stakeholders, portfolio manager(s), PPM Delivery Manager
(PM's direct manager), and monthly with AVP of PPM Delivery and
Operations or as required by project workload.
The below descriptions are typical experiences and skills needed
for the roles but do not g uarantee placement. Actual placement
will be determined from an interview with the candidate. These
items are not in order of importance.
- 5+ years of recent project management experience delivering IT
projects with a minimum budget of $150K.
- Has successfully delivered IT projects with timelines of less
than one year from start to finish .
- Familiar with or has used effort-driven project planning
techniques in MS Project.
- Demonstrates high-level capability in all project management
competencies, including Planning, executing, monitoring, and
controlling IT projects.
- Must have experience with MS Project 2016; MS Project Server is
desired but not required.
- Experience managing vendors, requesting, and executing
- Demonstrates a personal sense of urgency to complete day-to-day
work. Must drive for results from self and project team members.
Must know when to push back on perceived limitations and when to be
flexible and accept the limitation.
- Exercises strong leadership capabilities; presents "executive
presence especially when delivering complex messages to
stakeholders and leaders; calm and collected under pressure; takes
accountability for the entire project and outcomes.
- Demonstrates strong customer focus; is responsive,
consultative, collaborative, and accurate work approach. Considers
project impacts and outcomes from the business (customer's)
- PMP credential in good standing or plans to obtain PMP within
- Experience directly managing and forecasting project financials
(reconciling invoices, timekeeping, etc.)
- Able to create clear, concise messaging for all organizational
- Exercises sound judgment, making informed, successful decisions
from a set of complex options.
Keywords: Dale Workforce Solutions, White Plains , project Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!