Manager, Benefits & Leaves
Company: ZEISS Group
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 24, 2022
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Responsibilities include managing and
administering the group health & welfare plans as well as
retirement/post-employment plans and workers compensation for US
organizations. This position manages one Benefits Specialist and
ensures excellence in service delivery as well as vendor
relationship management, manages both Company and statutory leaves
with knowledge of US state laws critical. Manages relevant employee
and retiree communication, actively advocates for participation in
wellness plans and strategies, working with the finance/accounting
team maintains focus on plan cost and budget, etc. - This position
compiles, analyzes, and reports data relevant to cost and
utilization of plans, recommends plan changes and enhancements.
Serves as an employee contact and advocate for the resolution of
benefit questions and issues and provides guidance to the HRIS team
for plan setup with ongoing auditing for accuracy and compliance.
Serves as a liaison with service providers in business planning and
benefit program interpretation. Serves as liaison with external
partners, legal, actuarial, vendors, etc.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day benefit program
administration: communication, enrollment (New Hire and annual Open
Enrollment), processing of benefit change activities, and
partnering with internal/external business partners to troubleshoot
and resolve issues, both system and process related.
- Responsible for the administration of worker's compensation
policies. Processes and maintains all worker's compensation claims
and regularly follows-up on active claims. Ensures compliance with
OSHA by maintaining the proper documentation, submitting the
necessary documentation to the carriers for processing, and posting
the annual OSHA log at each facility.
- Responsible for the Leave of Absence policies, STD/FMLA and LTD
policies and practices within federal and state regulations and
coordinates with external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Manage the Benefit meetings and vendor relationships for all
benefits including health & welfare, wellness, 401k, Pension and
leaves, WC, and the annual benefit open enrollment process.
- Manages time off programs including holidays, paid time off,
- Responsible for reconciling monthly billing statements for
timely payment and accurate enrollments.
- Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan
participations and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and
- Provides guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS, and managers
on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist
with the resolution of potential problems.
- Coordinates the design and communication of annual benefit
- Develops, conducts, and participates in a variety of
presentations to inform and educate management and employees about
changes to benefit plans, administrative practices and legislated
requirements and programs.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government
compliance activities (5500s, audits, 40l(k) NDT etc.), employee
mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection and
updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and
procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and
accurate benefit related data. Assists with employee data auditing
- Ensures that company procedures and policies are communicated
and federal and state required postings are kept up to date.
- Oversees/directs the administration of COBRA compliance.
- Responsible for the handling of all benefit related tasks in
Workday (create, complete, process benefit transactions, manage
Evidence of Insurability (EOI), collaborates with the HRIS team to
review error reports and resolve errors, ensures accurate
processing and status in Workday Leave Absence Management System,
support annual benefit open enrollment, ACA reporting compliance,
and provides assistance to the HRIS team during Workday updates as
a functional user for benefits to ensure that the business
processes are functioning correctly.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports benefit data including employee,
benefit plan and financial for Benefit's strategic planning and
evaluation, best practices, and benchmark surveys.
- Responsible for Pension benefit requests and communication to
- Primary contact for all retiree claims (Pension and Retiree
Medical eligible employees) and questions.
- Responsible for the handling of life insurance/ and leave
- Provide recommendations for new plan offerings and design
- Direct contact for all benefit related questions.
- Oversight of benefit audits and testing.
- Continually researches methods to continue to automate and
streamline benefit processes resulting in a more efficient manner
to access all benefit information.
- Responsible for managing the employee education reimbursement
- Conducts the benefit portion of the new hire orientation.
- Responsible for coordinating wellness events.
- Prepares special reports as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, business, or related field. -
Excellent communication skills with adaptability to various
- Minimum of 7+ years' experience in a directly related
- Maintains current knowledge and understanding of regulations,
industry trends, current practices, new developments, and
applicable laws regarding human resources.
- Workday experience is required.
- Broad knowledge of US benefit and leave related requirements
needed and experience on Canada benefits a strong plus
- Must have knowledge and capability in benefit financial aspects
including funding, investment strategies for 401(k) and pension
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization with
management and employees by being an effective listener and problem
solver including interfacing with global colleagues.
- Introduces and encourages "best practices" to Company where
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills including sound
judgment and strong influencing skills.
- MS Office including advance skills with Excel. PowerPoint and
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest confidentiality and work
independently and as a team player.
- Ability to prioritize and provide feedback and observations as
it relates to departmental performance.
- Ability to research information on various subject types and
provide concise reports.
- Must have strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving
- Ability to work cross-organizationally, prioritize and work
effectively during periods of high pressure.
- Self-starter that's able to perform in a fast-paced change
- Proficient knowledge of state and federal employee benefits,
leave laws (HIPPA, COBRA, STD/FMLA/LTD, ADA, W/C, OSHA, ERISA) as
well as tax rules for FSA and HSA plans
- Project management experience preferred
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) certification
- HRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferredYour ZEISS Recruiting
Team:Debra Ann Rybolt
Keywords: ZEISS Group, White Plains , Manager, Benefits & Leaves, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!