Director Talent Acquisition
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 23, 2022
SummaryNYPA's Mission is to lead the transition to a
carbon-free, economically vibrant New York through customer
partnerships, innovative energy solutions, and the responsible
supply of affordable, clean, and reliable electricity.NYPA has 5
Foundational Pillars to ensure success outlined in our VISION2030
strategic plan: Digitization, Environmental, Social & Governance,
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Resilience and Resource Alignment.
The Director, Talent Acquisition will be directly engaged with the
Resource Alignment and DEI pillars on a day-to-daybasis, while
helping to support the holistic values and goals of the
organization. We are on our way to achieve our targets, and with
the right leadership we will be able to surpass these goals and
deliver for the people of NY. Learn more about us, our clean energy
technologies and the trend-setting work we're doing for New York
State at The Director Talent Acquisition works across all business
units to oversee NYPA's talent acquisition function by leveraging
the broadest possible knowledge of the markets in which we operate.
This role is responsible for the development of recruitment
strategy, as well as fostering inclusion and increasing the
awareness of NYPA's diversity program outcomes and success stories.
The Director Talent Acquisition is responsible for designing and
executing robust diversity sourcing plans to attract the best
talent to support NYPA's business strategy. This role also oversees
the Contingent Workforce Program, ensuring the staff augmentation
strategy is aligned with the overall talent strategy at NYPA.
- Responsible for the day-to day management and development of
the recruiting team, ensuring all tasks are done in a timely manner
that is consistent with Federal, State and Local laws as well as
NYPA's internal policies.
- Design and execute on robust sourcing strategies tailored to
attract a diverse pool of top talent to NYPA.
- Strategize and lead the Contingent Workforce Program to
identify opportunities and solutions to enhance the process around
staff augmentation at NYPA.
- Seek opportunities to create positive change, promoting a
culture of continuous improvement and recommending change
management plans around recruitment initiatives.
- Act as main liaison with the Office of Civil Rights and
Inclusion and ensure that the proper strategies are in place to
ensure diverse hiring outcomes.
- Report out on recruitment metrics and create action plans to
improve the team's performance and the organization's hiring
- Drive a process that ensures a Best-in-Class candidate and
hiring manager experience, in partnership with HRBPs and hiring
- Serve as the designated Executive Recruiter at NYPA,
responsible for the sourcing, screening, selection, and onboarding
for executive level talent. Handle other requisitions as
- Manage the recruitment for NYPA interns as well as other
specialty hiring programs.
- Develop and drive an extraordinary recruitment brand,
marketing, and social media strategy.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of productive
partnerships with staffing agencies. Measure the performance of
each agency and create regular reporting to key stakeholders on
- Partner with the HRIS team to identify technologies to deploy
as well as to optimize the effectiveness of current
technologies.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of human resource law, practices, and
- Confidentiality and discretion. Ability to work as and be
viewed as a trusted business partner to the organization.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects
within varying deadlines.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Proven capacity for collaborative teamwork and ability to build
- Proficient in MS Office tools.Education, Experience and
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 years progressive human resources/recruiting
- 5+ years of team lead/management experience.
- In-house recruitment experience required.Physical Requirements
- Approximately 5% travel primarily within NY State.
- May be required to attend functions outside of normal business
hours.The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Director Talent Acquisition, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!