Company: PKF O'Connor Davies
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Our client, an international Law Firm with a tax department in
White Plains, NY is seeking a Tax Manager to join their team. This
position is part of a global tax team reporting to the Assistant
Director Tax. The Tax Manager is responsible for global tax filing
compliance including supervising the process of timely completing
and filing the applicable domestic and certain international tax
returns. Additionally, the individual may participate with special
projects as it relates to the taxes of the Firm. - #LI-SF1
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing accurate financial data
for outside tax preparers of the Firm's U.S. and international tax
returns, including but not limited to:the Firm's Federal and State
partnership tax returns and related K-1s;
- U.S. composite and withholding payments and returns;
- other tax related filings, such as NYC UBT;
- various international tax returns; and
- related corporate tax returns.
- Responds on a timely basis to tax authority notices.
- Performs technical analysis and application of Federal, State,
and income tax treaty rules.
- Liaisons with outside service providers regarding the review
and preparation of global income tax returns.
- Coordinates with Partner Accounting team and the Maintenance of
Partner's Capital Accounts.
- Maintains tax calendar and ensure compliance is met for all
applicable operational jurisdictions.
- Keeps abreast of relevant tax law developments and
- Ensures current knowledge of firm policies and practices for
staff, current knowledge of industry trends, and continued
professional development for staff.
- Reconciles and maintains related general ledger accounts.
- Supervises quarterly tax withholding and payment process as
well as assist with quarterly Partner memoranda.
- Supervises department projects, day-to-day operations and
- Participates in the interviewing, selection and training
- Recommends and implements changes and improvements in methods
and procedures to higher level management.
- Recommend guidelines and practices to promote efficiency,
effectiveness, excellent customer service and improved employee
relations, in alignment with the Firm's Core Values.
- Recommends and participates in disciplinary procedures.
- Effectively utilizes the Firm's performance management process
to communicate performance expectations, monitor performance, coach
employees, and manage unsatisfactory performance.
- Oversees employees' work performance and provides guidance in
the resolution of problems.
- Develops and communicates departmental guidelines and
- Ensures accurate and timely responses to requests for
- Law firm and/or related professional service organization
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. and State partnership tax
rules as well as a good understanding of debits and credits
- Current knowledge of industry best practices, trends and
- Effective problem solver with the ability to think outside the
- Knowledge of relevant Firm computer software programs (e.g.,
Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software
and operating systems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel to execute complex
functions (e.g., v/hlookups, pivot tables, formula nesting)
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills,
both verbally and in writing
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- General awareness of foreign tax matters
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deliverables with
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and
- Ability to effectively supervise others
- Ability to administer Firm policies and procedures
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and delegate
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively
within a team
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to
meet operating and business needs
Keywords: PKF O'Connor Davies, White Plains , Tax Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!