SCL Sr Account Manager
Company: USI Insurance Services
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 18, 2022
General Description: Responsible for independently and
proactively managing client accounts. Activities include, but not
limited to new and renewal marketing, handling client questions and
requests, and coverage review. Responsibilities may include aiding
SCL Manager and other Account Managers, if applicable. Required to
perform essential functions and meet service standards and Best
Practices developed by USI. Responsibilities:
- Maintain 92% retention of Client Accounts
- Effectively assist the SCL Manager in developing and
maintaining profitable business relationships with insurance
- Responsible for the day to day account management of the larger
- Participates in Select team meetings, coordinating the topics
and/or presenting them to the team
- Work with the SCL Manager of a variety of employee relations
issues providing responses to insurance questions to achieve
growth/renewal/new business objectives
- Provide advanced technical expertise(in depth knowledge of
insurance coverage and products, staying abreast on industry
updates and changes) with service of new and existing clients
through sales, cross-selling opportunities, account development,
execution of client requests and problem solving in accordance with
the objectives and procedures based on USI Core Values and
- Respond to customer requests for information, documents, and
general insurance inquiries. Handle all aspects of Commercial Lines
Property & Casualty insurance. Occasional outside service visits to
clients may be required
- Respond to underwriters questions in an effective, timely, and
- Maintain quality controls on renewal expirations and binders.
Identify policies requiring renewal attention; contact client for
- Provide quotations for additional lines of insurance on
existing accounts, renewals, and endorsements. Prepare
applications/submissions to insurance companies for new and renewal
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently; responsible
for proper documentation of files and proper communication to all
parties involved. Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency
management system and document management system.
- Handle all aspects of Commercial Lines Property & Casualty
Insurance. Occasional outside service visits, to the client, may be
- Maintain renewal expirations, avoid any lapse in coverage.
- Responsible for marketing submissions to carriers, including
application preparation, loss analysis, and including other
pertinent information for professional, quality new and renewal
submissions. Submit to eligible and appropriate carriers and
follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotes and policies. Analyze
and compare carrier quotes for proper coverages, terms and
conditions. Make insurance program recommendations.
- Adhere to Commercial Lines Best Practices -- including written
confirmation of new and renewal binding, evidence of coverage,
changes to coverages and other related items.
- Prepare proposals and summaries of insurance, as needed.
- Adhere to company's credit and collection policy in invoicing
and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations in accordance
with company standards.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and
document management systems. Adhere to Imageright workflows.
- Other projects or duties, as needed. Knowledge, Skills and
- 10+ years experience in Commercial Property & Casualty
Insurance Agency along with comprehensive understanding of all
Property & Casualty insurance coverages, underwriting, and rating
- College degree preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal
instruction and high degree of accuracy and team work.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to perform at an
intermediate math level
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to analyze problems and make decisions based on
regulations and procedures in place
- Must be comfortable with internet based programs as well as
intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license.
- Hold an industry designation such as ARM, CIC, CPCU or expected
to further industry knowledge through courses with intent to pursue
an industry designation.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient,
timely and accurate processing of transactions and other
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients,
co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability
to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product
information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously
improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good
communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing
information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals
of the company.
Keywords: USI Insurance Services, White Plains , SCL Sr Account Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!