Veterans Preferred - District Manager
Location: White Plains
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -Position Title:
- Metro NY How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The District Manager is responsible for leading, directing, and
motivating all Branch, Administrative, Operating, and Sales
associates within the district to achieve the highest safety
standards, top-line growth, EBITDA performance, and operational
excellence. The District Manager is responsible to execute plans
and strategies designed to meet and exceed customer needs. The DM
has full Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for their branch
and surrounding territory.
In particular, you will:
- Manages the sales force for organic top-line growth. The
District Manager may have direct responsibility for key customer
- Manages branch assets to ensure Airgas's speed to market.
- Responsible for execution of core strategy activities in the
branches and throughout the District.
- Ensures branch planners are in place at all branches and take
responsibility for execution.
- Maintains the stocks of gases and hard-goods at all locations
to ensure high fulfillment.
- Ensures that branch and field sales associates are adequately
trained and focus on the details of our customers' needs and
requirements. Focuses on increased accuracy and SAP
- Optimizes profit margins through execution of plans and
strategies communicated from both the Region and Area. Maintains
operation expenses in line with Gross Profit (GP) goals, customer
service, and growth plans.
- Executes plans to realize the strategic pricing targets.
- Provides support for the transition of targeted customers to
the Total Access (TA) sales program.
- Ensures effective collaboration, teamwork, and communication
throughout the District.
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment at all Airgas
facilities. The above job functions are illustrative of the duties
and responsibilities associated with this position and are not
intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related
duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Are you a MATCH?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Communications,
Sales, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibility in a
business to business sales-related to include prior experience
managing a team and a P&L.
- Experience within the industrial or medical gases industry is
- A track record of achieving profitable sales growth is
- A reputation for strong leadership skills and the capability of
developing and managing a team of experienced sales professionals
with a strong emphasis on customer excellence and customer-focused
results is required.
- Versatility to function effectively in a fast-paced and
changing business environment.
- Excellent motivational skills.
- Ability to analyze a business opportunity, and develop a
successful sales strategy to acquire new business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and accounting concepts
including but not limited to Return on Investment (ROI), Profit &
Loss (P&L) statements, balance sheets, interest and leasing
calculations, and margin responsibilities.
- Tough-minded, take charge change agent who challenges the
status quo and acts with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence
others and to create cross-functional alignment.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, especially in the
development of action plans and ensuring accountability and
- Ability to make highly effective oral and written presentations
and proposals to all levels of management.
- Working knowledge of SAP is preferred.
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum
liability insurance as required by state of vehicle
- Frequent local and regional travel (75% of work time); minimal
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules,
regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position's
responsibilities. About Airgas
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical, and specialty gases, as well as hard goods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas
fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability, and
innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take
initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases,
technologies, and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is
present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates
Join us for a stimulating experience: you'll find a world of
learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at
the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative, and respectful
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders, and cultures across
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability, or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success, and creating an engaging environment in a
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status,
Keywords: Airgas, White Plains , Veterans Preferred - District Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!