Senior Director Asset Performance
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Within Strategic Operations, the Senior Director Asset
Performance focuses on the deployment of intelligent
infrastructure, advanced analytics (AI/ML), and new digital ways of
working. In addition to managing these complex grid modernization
deployments, the role leads the economic analysis and market
intelligence of new solutions while also defining new business
models, products, and services to maximize existing investments.
The role has core focus on asset management, operational data and
business engagement and as a result, knowledge and experience of
utility and technology developments and opportunities.--
- Work with Asset Owners in the business on a variety of
- Provide comprehensive, reliable data analysis and strategic
information for Operations Senior Leadership.
- Direct the roll-out of the next phase of the iSOC across
Generation and Transmission asset classes.
- Development, implementation, and training of--new asset
management information systems and operation's technology
- Identify and manage stakeholder expectations, performance
objectives and record their requirements.
- Work with NYPAs site personnel to help resolve the numerous
daily problems confronted in power plant environment.
- Be responsible for the strategic roadmap including rolling out
capabilities to the sites, new functionality, enhance reporting
etc., including development and maturity of an AI / ML roadmap that
utilizes innovative analytical solutions to solve operational use
- Manage the roll-out of NYPA's future Asset Management
Performance capabilities from vision to execution.
- Work with NYPA operations and asset performance superintendents
for delivery optimization.
- Understand the true status of each asset and predict equipment
and process issues with greater accuracy before they occur.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of utility processes, assets and related applications
- Experience in large change management initiative across the
entire deployment lifecycle.
- Strong leadership capabilities to align with NYPA's current and
emerging strategic objectives.
- An enthusiastic change champion and independent thinker;
self-motivated to implement process and procedural innovation and
- Strong technical/financial management skills to manage the
roll-out of all of new technology programs.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of asset management processes
and future iSOC / APM capabilities (communications and network
management, physical and cyber security monitoring, data management
and service coordination).
- Technical integrity earned through demonstrated success in
implementing of large, complex projects or programs.
- Knowledgeable in policies, procedures and business practices
affecting the planning and execution of the iSOC / APM.
- Ability to effectively operate within a large, dynamic
environment and experience with executive level management.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to
communicate solutions in stakeholder's own language.
- Knowledge of Maximo, Microsoft Project, GIS, SAP, Crystal
reporting and Microsoft Office and data visualization/dashboarding
tools. Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required; an advanced degree is preferred.
One or the other degree must be in a technical field.
- Prior experience required in a role responsible for operating
assets and/or monitoring asset performance.
- Minimum of 8 years technical experience, preferably in the
energy industry, with technology and application deployment
- Experience with implementing asset performance software and
developing technology roadmaps encompassing AI / ML.
- Experience in bringing cross-functional teams together and
identifying efficiency gains / process improvements.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Approximately 25% travel primarily within NY State
- Ability to travel to project sites to coordinate with asset
management and technology management teams The New York Power
Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer New York is Powered by
You We are a team of over 1,900 energy technologists, IT
specialists, business experts, hydro engineers, and other
professionals leading the energy revolution. With state-of-the-art
technology, advanced R&D, and a modernized infrastructure, we
provide New Yorkers with low-cost, clean, reliable power - and we
are well on the way to becoming the first fully digital utility in
the country. At NYPA, you will be empowered to think big, do good,
and transform the energy industry.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Information Systems, Engineer, ERP, Geology, GIS,
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Senior Director Asset Performance, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!