Manager, Mission Programs
Company: March of Dimes
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Requisition Number 20-0303
Title Manager, Mission Programs
Employment Type Full Time Regular
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and
babies. We are advocating for policies to protect them. We are
working to radically improve the health care they receive. We are
pioneering research to find solutions. We are empowering families
with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies.
By uniting communities, we are building a brighter future for us
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters
opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide
a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our
fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us
in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
Contribute to Mom and Baby Action Network (M-BAN) management
activities to ensure continued growth, movement, and impact of
cross-sector collaborative activities to address root causes of
inequities in mom and baby health across our nation, with a special
focus on addressing the maternal and infant health crises in Black,
Indigenous, and other People of Color (BIPOC) communities.
* Results-Based Accountability and Facilitation - Leads groups
through Results Based Accountability (RBA) and Results Based
Facilitation (RBF) processes and frameworks.
* Research, analysis, and communication - Researches, collects, and
synthesizes information from multiple sources, while expertly
adapting the delivery of such information according to different
audience types and communication modalities.
* Critical systems thinking skills applied through an anti-racist
lens - Examines complex systems with an eye towards identifying
opportunities for our collaborative M-BAN efforts to address
policies and practices that perpetuate race-, gender-, and
economic-based discrimination impacting maternal and infant
* Adaptive leadership Applies adaptive leadership to anticipate
likely future needs, effectively articulate such needs to help
build a collective understanding and support for action, engage in
continuous learning, adapt to changing conditions, and contribute
to building a culture of transparency and accountability.
* Partnership development and coalition-building - Identifies,
engages, cultivates, mobilizes, and sustains a diverse set of
volunteers and partners in different geographic areas and from a
variety of sectors, with particular attention to diversifying
partnerships to authentically include the voices, priorities, and
needs of under-represented communities most impacted by inequities
in mom and baby health.
* Project and time management Organizes and monitors multiple
levels of details related to multiple internal and external
* 5-7 years experience
* Master's degree in public health, social work, public policy,
nonprofit management and/or other related disciplines
* Understanding of maternal and infant health disparities and the
root causes that contribute to these inequities (i.e. racism and
discrimination, stress, economic instability, environmental
conditions, access to quality healthcare)
* Understanding of program planning, implementation, monitoring,
and evaluation concepts, best practices, and methodologies.
* Understanding of coalition, network, strategic partnerships, and
movement building principles and best practices.
* High-level organizational skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects and customers
* Ability to handle tight deadlines while producing high-quality
* Interpersonal skills
* Excellent writing and oral communication skills, including
outstanding presentation, negotiation, and group facilitation
* Previous collaborative- and coalition-based work in maternal and
child health preferred.
* Additional experience and expertise in addressing social
determinants of health is preferred.
March of Dimes is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided
Keywords: March of Dimes, White Plains , Manager, Mission Programs, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!