Senior Compliance Manager
Company: Danone North America
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 16, 2020
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for
the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make
healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish
people s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon
Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy
Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest
Certified B Corporation in the world, we are committed to
redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we
create real benefits for people, our communities, and the
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone
North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and
Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North
America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading
benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26
weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture
committed to both business results and social purpose. When you
join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is
inspiring a healthier world through food.
Are you looking to join a growing global leader, in a category
experiencing explosive growth, and have a passion for driving rapid
product innovation* Then Danone North America is the place for
This position is part of the Legal, Regulatory & Compliance Team, a
shared service for Danone North America's affiliates across their
dairy, food & beverage, water, and specialized nutrition divisions.
More specifically, this role will report to the Compliance Officer
to help drive initiatives and compliance across all Danone
affiliates in North America.
* Support management and implementation of the Compliance Program
to ensure awareness at all levels of the organization and that the
organization is complying with all corporate, legal and regulatory
* Develop and provide training to internal stakeholders on various
* Prepare and present periodic reports, including developing
recommendations for corrective action, regarding all ethics and
* Oversee and implement Compliance Program initiatives which match
the local, state and federal government and legal environment in
which the company operates.
* Investigate questions/concerns from employees and external
* Provide general guidance and recommendations to the affiliates
and their employees in relation to compliance and ethics
* Develop and review a wide variety of corporate and local entity
* Ensure that appropriate standards, practices, and internal
controls are adopted, published and explained to those
* Ensure that each compliance risk area is identified and assessed
periodically and appropriately addressed through the compliance and
* Ensure that reports and other indications of possible misconduct
are appropriately investigated, documented and securely stored, and
that appropriate corrective action is taken promptly and
effectively, including enhancements to the compliance program
* Create, implement, maintain and monitor policies and procedures
as needed to support the company's governmental, legal and
* Bachelor's Degree with minimum 5-7 years' experience in
compliance or a closely related field.
* General knowledge of federal and state legal and regulatory
practices, including the U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines
regarding the structure and requirements of compliance programs in
the United States.
* Experience developing policies and procedures that impact
multiple business units.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent research, investigative, organizational, and
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with demonstrated
experience succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
* High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple,
competing priorities simultaneousl
* Experience with investigations and/or Law Degree.
* Experience in the Consumer Product Goods industry.
* Experience communicating with senior management
* Ability to turn complex compliance requirements into scalable
* Proven track record implementing quality programs with a spirit
of continuous improvement.
* Ability to take ownership and successfully deliver results in a
dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environme
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of
Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White
Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status,
genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Compliance, Law, Manager, QA, Quality Assurance,
Legal, Management, Technology, Quality
Keywords: Danone North America, White Plains , Senior Compliance Manager, Executive , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!