Dual Licensed Operating Engineer
Company: White Plains Hospital
Location: White Plains
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Maintains all Boiler and Air conditioning equipment related
This includes all necessary inspections and preventive maintenance
required for efficient and proper operation of Chillers and
High-pressure Boilers. Controls generation of steam and Chilled
water at appropriate pressures. Provides water testing and
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Includes the
- Understands and adheres to the WPH Performance Standards,
Policies and Behaviors
- Installs, maintains, inspects, tests, and repairs systems
according to the requirements of the City of White Plains, State of
New York, County of Westchester, NYS and County Health Departments,
NFPA, The Joint Commission, and all other authorities having
- Attends to boilers and controls generation of continuous supply
of steam for heating hospital buildings, supplying power to
machinery and auxiliary equipment, and for sterilization.
- Performs daily feed and condensate return line boiler water
tests, adds appropriate chemical treatment to maintain prescribed
- Monitors and controls all Boiler and HVAC equipment by
utilizing the Building Management system.
- Maintains pressures and proper water levels, anticipates
variations in steam load and provides for the most economical
- Inspects, adjusts, repairs and lubricates equipment all related
steam plant equipment.
- Maintains operating records.
- Operates and maintains all types of air conditioning systems
and equipment, including DX and centrifugal units.
- Operates and maintains cooling tower (water treatment).
- Changes air filters as necessary.
- Cleans condensing coils, cooling coils and fan coil units.
- Replaces or adjusts pneumatic and electric controls, motors,
including air compressors.
- Maintains air dampers.
- Maintains fans and ventilating systems.
- Performs all required inspections and rounds as outlined by
departmental, i.e., maintains logs, physically inspects all the
HVAC and Boiler units on each shift.
- Performs other such mechanical maintenance work, including
repair of machinery and equipment as falls within the scope of his
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assists in snow removal as needed.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- City of White Plains Air Conditioning Refrigeration Operators
- City of White Plains First Class Stationary Engineers
- Minimum of 7 years air conditioning Refrigeration and
High-Pressure Boiler experience
- Welding and Pipe fitting experience
- High degree of mechanical aptitude
- Computer literate
- Valid, clean driver's license
- Certification for universal refrigerant transition and
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Must maintain a calm disposition and work well under
- Able to work well both alone and with others.
- Needs little supervision and is a self-starter.Physical/Mental
Demands/Requirements & Work Environment
- Must be physically capable of making prescribed inspections and
repairs of the plant, and be able to visually and audibly determine
- Must have physical dexterity, coordination and stamina to
perform the inspections, which involves ascend/descend ladders,
using and operating the tools and machinery to perform job
- Must be able to transport heavy objects up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged
- Must be able to constantly position self in order to perform
job duties over an extended of time.
- Must be able to perform snow/ice removal and work in all
outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform job duties when exposed to high level
- Able to work from sketches and blueprints.
- Able to respond to written and verbal instructions.
- Able to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Able to work well with department staff and other hospital
- Able to maintain a calm disposition and work well under
- Able to communicate effectively with all hospital departments
- Have visual perception needed to comprehend color-coded wiring
- Able to communicate via telephone, fax machine, computer,
---May be exposed to chemicals necessary to perform required tasks.
Any hazardous chemicals the employee may be exposed to are listed
in the hospital's SDS (Safety Data Sheet) data base and may be
accessed through the hospital's Intranet site (Employee Tools/SDS
Access). A copy of the SDS data base can also be found at the
hospital switchboard, saved on a disc.
Keywords: White Plains Hospital, White Plains , Dual Licensed Operating Engineer, Engineering , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...