Lead FullStack Engineer
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Full stack Engineer is responsible for overseeing the
evaluation, design, and development of enterprise class customer
facing applications. The individual will work on the development of
standards, methodologies, and guidelines pertaining to applications
development including, but not limited to, application design,
configuration management, design patterns, deployment procedures,
data integrity, and security. Candidate will collaborate with Cloud
Engineer, solution architects, Cyber Security team as well as the
business analysts to analyze requirements to develop enterprise
class applications. Responsibilities
- Design and develop customer facing solutions using Azure, .Net
Core, Java Script libraries, SiteCore and SQL Server that are
flexible, elastic, modular, secure and reliable at large
- Work collaboratively with Solution Engineering team to develop
high-level and detailed application design and assist in solution
recommendations understand requirements and develop new
- Follow Agile development methodologies, where appropriate, in
software development process
- Define development strategies to ensure the appropriate
controls are in place to enable the rapid application development.
Follow DevOps practice to support continuous integration &
- Develop visually appealing front end website architecture,
including translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into
front-end code Design user interactions on web pages
- Ensure cross-platform optimization for mobile Develop and
design RESTful services and APIs
- Manage software development projects from design, coding,
testing, documentation and delivery. Use cloud infrastructure to
design and deliver applications.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing development process,
re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work closely with IT security team to put in proper controls to
secure code and data .Knowledge and understanding of cloud security
policies, infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide
environments Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with C# programming language or similar
- Experience with full-stack engineering or DevOps experience
(Azure DevOps is preferred).
- Experience in traditional and cloud application Development
- Experience in designing and developing Customer Facing
applications supporting multiform factors.
- Familiarity with DevOps and Agile methodologies.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with
relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working
familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts: virtualization
technologies, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, HA, distributed systems, and cloud
delivery models. Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in MIS or Computer
Science/Engineering (or similar).
- Minimum of 8 or more years of total experience in software
development, including 6 years of UI/Front-end developer
- Architecture concepts SPA, OOPS/SOLID principles, SaaS, Micro
Services, RESTful APIs.
- Authentication and identity stacks (OIDC, OKTA, SAML2,
- Development experience in .Net Core(5), C#, Python, SQL,
SharePoint or other similar languages.
- Experience with software engineering best-practices such as,
Azure Repos/GIT, build automation, continuous integration and
- Mobile Development experience with Xamarin or similar
- SiteCore 10.0/9.x/PowerApps experience will be a plus
- Experience in building multi form factor applications using
.Net or similar technologies.
- Experience with CSS and Java Script libraries such as Vue.Js,
Angular or React, bootstrap,
- Experience in various data transfer mechanisms including Https,
FTP(s), EDI, JSON and APIs.
Physical Requirements The New York Power Authority is an Equal
Opportunity Employer New York is Powered by You We are a team of
over 1,900 energy technologists, IT specialists, business experts,
hydro engineers, and other professionals leading the energy
revolution. With state-of-the-art technology, advanced R&D, and
a modernized infrastructure, we provide New Yorkers with low-cost,
clean, reliable power - and we are well on the way to becoming the
first fully digital utility in the country. At NYPA, you will be
empowered to think big, do good, and transform the energy
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Engineer, Developer, Cloud, Database, SQL,
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Lead FullStack Engineer, Engineering , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!