Commercial Credit Analyst
Company: The Westchester Bank
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 12, 2019
The Westchester Bank is a full-service bank, located in Westchester
County, NY that provides commercial and relationship banking
services and offers an array of credit and deposit products for
both individual and business clients. We are currently seeking a
Commercial Credit Analyst to join our team.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The ideal candidate will function as part of the Credit Department
team working on a variety of assignments related to commercial
credit transactions. This position includes a combination of
functions; some which are routine and others which are completed as
deemed necessary including special projects. Maintaining
flexibility and a sense of teamwork ensures that the department
continues to function efficiently. Essential duties and
responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Underwriting commercial loans including LOC's, non-residential
commercial mortgages - both owner-occupied and investor real
estate, term loans and leases.
- Evaluating consumer loans and recommend approval or declination
based on loan policy.
- Assisting commercial lenders with underwriting LOC renewals and
new loans, as needed.
- Analyze / Spread business and personal financial statements and
- Complete annual reviews of commercial mortgages and terms
- Attending Loan Committee on a regular basis as a non-voting
- Assisting lending staff in the loan origination process by
prescreening and evaluating loan packages.
- Attend customer meetings with the lenders (as requested).
- Communicate with outside parties, such as attorneys and
accountants, when necessary.
- Ordering credit reports, Flood Certifications, EDR reports, and
more detailed Phase 1 Environmental reports, when necessary (as
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- 1 - 7 years of direct experience as a commercial underwriter,
credit analyst or similar in a financial institution / commercial
banking environment preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Strong ability
to analyze financial statements, prepare loan presentations,
interface with prospects and customers in a courteous and
- Computer skills including Windows-based software, word
processing and spreadsheet applications; loan spreading software
and bank software a plus.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
A BS or BA degree normally required; specialized credit education
and training or equivalent work experience required. Background in
accounting, finance or similar preferred. Knowledge of loan
documentation a plus.
Background check required, including credit check.
We offer a complete benefits package including health, dental,
vision, LTD, life insurance, free parking and a 401K with company
The Westchester Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Keywords: The Westchester Bank, White Plains , Commercial Credit Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!