Controller - Bunge Product Lines
Company: Bunge North America
Location: White Plains
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Bunge Limited (www.bunge.com, NYSE: BG) is a leading global
agribusiness and food company operating in over 40 countries with
approximately 32,000 employees. Bunge buys, sells, stores and
transports oilseeds and grains to serve customers worldwide;
processes oilseeds to make protein meal for animal feed; produces
edible oil products for consumers and commercial customers in the
food processing, industrial and artisanal bakery, confectionery,
human nutrition and food service categories; produces sugar and
ethanol from sugarcane; mills wheat, corn and rice to make
ingredients used by food companies; and sells fertilizer in South
America. Founded in 1818, the company is headquartered in White
Plains, New York.
This position will be responsible for leading the Bunge Product
Lines Global Controlling function (which includes the Global
Distribution Product Line (DPL), Freight Product Line (FPL), GOPL,
and Bunge Chicago (BCI) .collectively Product Lines ) This position
will be an effective business partner across the functional,
business, and commercial groups by providing value-added financial
reporting and internal solutions necessary to meet the Product
Lines strategic objectives. This position will also ensure that all
reporting meets local statutory, US GAAP, and SEC financial
reporting requirements, while maintaining a strong control
environment in compliance with both SOX and internal policies and
- Overseeing all areas of Bunge s monthly, quarterly and annual
financial processes for the Product Lines, including reviews of key
deliverables performed by BBS and local/country reporting teams
(e.g. MtM calculations, comparisons v traders estimates, variance
analyses, GL to HFM reconciliations, etc.).
- Owning the overall quality and integrity of financial statements
and related SEC/SFAS reporting packages, for both group reporting
(HFM), and for local statutory reporting purposes.
- Ultimate sign-off on audit letters of representations and annual
- Improving and standardizing reporting activities across the
Product Lines including:
- Supervising the effective and controlled transition of reporting
tasks from existing country-led teams to the BBS organization in a
standardized manner, including systems transitions, process design,
- Deploying best practices and driving other continuous improvement
initiatives across the region (daily P&L, LIM, intercompany
- Developing and delivering periodic training events to Product
Line and BBS personnel.
- Presenting regional financial performance and position to Product
Line regional and global leadership, together with insightful
SOX, Internal Control and Audit
- Overall accountability for the design and operating effectiveness
of SOX compliant controls and related processes across the Product
- Developing and deploying best in class SOX documentation for
financial close related controls.
- Ensuring that Bunge s management testing program is completed to
a high quality, each year.
- Coordinating and monitoring action plan/control-deficiency
resolution programs across the region.
- Training and developing both Finance and non-Finance staff on
COSO and SOX requirements, as well as good corporate stewardship
- Cascading BG policies governing how assets are safeguarded and
records are maintained.
- Managing relationships with Global Internal Audit at a Product
- Reviewing audit reports prior to issuance and providing timely
feedback regarding potential internal controls issues therein.
- Monitoring remediation efforts in response to audit findings.
- Liaising with external auditors to monitor the overall audit
process, address audit requests in a timely, efficient and
consistent manner, and ensure that any findings are adequately
addressed to mitigate any risk.
- Partnering with Business Process, Commercial, Operational and IT
teams to provide business reporting solutions to facilitate optimal
analyses and decision-making necessary to maximize results:
- Ensuring that our business systems provide timely and accurate
commodity and price risk exposures
- Providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analysis of
business results, including smart spending analyses.
- Participating in the business planning and forecasting process to
launch and maintain a zero-based-budget across the market, as well
as helping to ensure that financial projections are properly
reported and in line with global, regional, segment and market
- Overseeing and reviewing financial due diligence activities, and
supporting Product Lines Business Development teams with
- Researching and accurately concluding on technical accounting
issues related to strategic transactions, including major capex,
business combinations, financial instruments and other complex
- Helping develop a strong global Controlling organization, with
solid bench strength, that is trained and equipped with the
appropriate skills and competencies to achieve high performance in
our financial reporting, control, and business partnering roles in
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or
military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Bunge North America, White Plains , Controller - Bunge Product Lines, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!