Senior Accounts Payable Representative
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: March 9, 2023
SummaryNew York Power Authority's (NYPA) Accounts Payable Unit
is responsible for processing all payments and meeting the
regulatory and audit requirements.The Accounts Payable function
ensures the timely and correct processing of vendor invoices for
charges incurred in Headquarters and at the various Plants operated
by NYPA, and employee travel expense reimbursements. Ensures
compliance with Prompt Payment Policy and NYPA Expenditure
Authorization Policies and Procedures. Provides various services to
customers (vendors, employees, Facilities, Accounting, Procurement,
and Internal & External Audit).Interface with internal and external
customers, & other cross functional units withing the organization.
- Responsible for processing invoices from vendors and performing
invoice verification to ensure that invoice charges are accurately
and timely posted for payment in compliance with Prompt Payment
- Ensure compliance with Prompt Payment Policy and NYPA
Expenditure Authorization Policies & Procedures.
- Perform invoice verification procedures prior to invoice
posting and post invoice for payment
- Perform daily payment processing for all sites and perform
necessary audit procedures to ensure payment files are accurately
transmitted and processed.
- Complete required testing related to Accounts Payable Modules
before periodic upgrades of SAP System are implemented
- Audit employee expense statements to ensure compliance with the
Corporate Travel & Meal Policy and verify supporting documents
(receipts & travel itinerary). Aid/support with the Travel System
to end users for all sites. Follow up with employees and approvers
with open expense statements by ensuring appropriate actions with
invoice issue/problems are resolved and reimbursements are made
- Perform audit procedures to verify that checks in Bank
Confirmation Report agree to SAP Check Register daily.
Discrepancies are to be investigated immediately.
- Prepare various financial analysis reports to help Management
conduct business decisions
- Prepare and issue accurate 1099's for Account Payable as
required by IRS.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate invoice processing skills in large corporate
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills to address and resolve
Accounts Payable related problems in a timely manner. Highly
developed critical thinking, including the ability to deal with
ambiguity, and advanced analytical, problem-solving and
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel with ability to do pivot
table and various formulas such as VLOOKUP, SUMIF and Index and
- Ability to manage change and influence both Management and end
users in accepting system / procedure improvements.
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace and demanding environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide great customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact
effectively with all levels of organization internally and external
- Capable of proposing creative solutions for unexpected system
problems in an emergency and follow up with long term
- Ability to enforce timely invoice approval by requesting
departments to comply with the Prompt Payment Policy and maintain
good relationships with vendors.
- Strong collaboration mindset with an ability to cultivate
productive relationships with stakeholders, peers, and teams.
- Advances skills in Microsoft Office applications including
Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Understanding of the complete procurement cycle and purchase
orders process including 3-way match concept (relation between
Procurement, Invoices Posting).
- Working knowledge and experience in fully computerized
Financial SystemEducation, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred in business, accounting, or related
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience
- Experience working in payables, billing, accounting, or related
finance field such as audit, analytics
- Hands on experience with a fully computerized Accounts Payable
System (preferably SAP and Kofax Process Director) will be given
additional preferencePhysical RequirementsN/ANew York Power
Authority is committed to providing fair, competitive, and
market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this
position is: $55,500-$68,000. Salary offered will be determined
based the successful candidates' relevant experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities.The New York Power Authority and Canals
Corporation believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive
our success, and we encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA+
individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic
minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. As an
equal opportunity employer, NYPA/Canals is committed to building
inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect
communities across NY and enthusiastically serve them. We proudly
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race,
religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability status,
pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, arrest record or
criminal conviction history, or any other category protected by
We are happy to provide reasonable religious accommodations during
the hiring process for those in need. If you have a disability or
special need that requires a reasonable accommodation, please send
a request to.#LI-CJ1
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Senior Accounts Payable Representative, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...