Company: ARCO a Family of Construction Companies
Location: White Plains
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Are you a motivated Accounting Professional who loves making an
impact? Are you looking to be a part of a dynamic and collaborative
team? Do you act with integrity and hold yourself to the highest
standards? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting,
long-term opportunity for you. Who are we? We are ARCO, a Family of
We are looking for a Controller to join our established accounting
team in our New York office. The Controller is involved in all
facets of the accounting department. This Controller opportunity
reports directly to the Senior Controller and acts as a consultant
to each Regional Manager of the construction companies, our
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud
to be consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work. Our
compensation and benefits package not only supports our associates
and their families but benefits local communities and communities
around the world.
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates' children up to $28,000 per
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment,
plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
At ARCO, our first core value is to treat people fairly and do the
right thing. We are proud to be a drug-free workplace and an equal
opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment.
From recruiting, training, and hiring practices to selecting our
subcontractors, we understand that diversity of all those involved
in the construction process enhances our ability to deliver the
best solutions to our customers. We hire the best and the brightest
from across the country - constructing a team of experts in
architecture, design, engineering, project management, and business
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reconcile the job cost
for the various companies.
- Monitor accounting transactions throughout the month and
resolve any issues that occur in the process on a daily basis.
- Balance Intercompany cash accounts, and interact with the
construction company Project Managers to assist them with
subcontracts and insurance issues.
- Work on a variety of different projects throughout the month
that are delegated from the Senior Controller.
- Respond to requests for information and analysis from the
Regional Managers of the companies on various accounting and
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in
Accounting with 4-10 years of public or construction related
- CPA or Master's degree required.
- Experience in the construction industry is also considered a
plus, but is not required.
- Candidates must have the ability to establish good working
relationships with Senior Management.
MAKE YOUR MOVE
We are proud to be one of the fastest-growing, privately-owned
companies in America, celebrating over 30 years of experience as
design-build experts. We have completed over 4,000 design-build
projects across 48 states and 31 major cities nationwide. We ranked
#5 out of the top 100 design-build companies in the U.S. and #26 on
the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2022. Most importantly, our
clients like us, trust us and want to do business with us. We are
looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect
for the hard work that brought us to where we are today. Are you a
person that can make a difference at ARCO? If the answer is, "Yes!"
we look forward to meeting you.
ARCO does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters
or third-party recruiting agencies without pre-approval from ARCO's
Human Resource team. Pre-approval is required before any external
candidate can be submitted. ARCO will not be responsible for fees
related to unsolicited resumes and for candidates who are sent
directly to our hiring managers.
Keywords: ARCO a Family of Construction Companies, White Plains , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!