Head of Tax
Company: PURE Insurance
Location: White Plains
Posted on: January 18, 2023
About the role.The Head of Tax will oversee all corporate tax
activities of the multiple legal entities comprising the PURE Group
of Insurance Companies. -The position will report to the Controller
and be responsible for ensuring US (federal & state) and
international tax compliance.What you'll do.
- Manage income tax accounting process, including calculation of
tax accruals on monthly quarterly, and annual basis and preparation
of required tax disclosures in financial statements prepared under
several methods of accounting reporting processes, including US
GAAP, IFRS and statutory accounting.
- Coordinate with external advisors on the preparations of
federal, state, local and international returns, including
insurance premium tax. Oversee the remittance of installment
payments to federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Coordinate with tax team of Japanese parent company on global
tax matters and compliance.
- Respond to all tax related audit requests, notices or inquiries
from the IRS, regulators, internal auditors, and external auditors.
- Prepare memoranda and supporting documentation for routine and
complex tax technical and income tax accounting issues; present
findings to senior management.
- Implement group transfer pricing policies and coordinate with
external advisors on the annual filings.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend effective tax strategies and
coordinate with external advisors regarding tax planning
- Research new tax development implications for the consolidated
group and continued monitoring of existing standards.
- Lead the execution of all tax related financial controls;
coordinate recurring control reviews conducted by external
auditors, internal auditors, and others.What we're looking for.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
required. - Master's in accounting or taxation preferred.
- CPA required. - Public accounting experience preferred.
- 10 or more years of tax accounting experience in the insurance
industry, previous experience with reciprocal insurers is a plus.
Strong knowledge of ASC 740 and SSAP 101, knowledge of IAS 12 a
- Strong oral and written communication skills, expected to
communicate with internal and external stakeholders, including
other departments, external tax compliance service providers, and
auditors. Ability to articulate technical concepts in clear and
- Ability to accurately research and follow through on complex
problem-solving items, as well as initiate resolutions.
- Prior experience operating within a SOX 404/JSOX control
environment is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage,
prioritize, and effectively meet deadlines working on multiple
- A commitment to continuous operational improvement.
- Highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Highly proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products.The
base salary for this role can range from $150K - $190K, based on a
full-time work schedule. An individual's ultimate compensation will
vary depending on job-related skills and experience, geographic
location, alignment with market data, and equity among other team
members with comparable experience.#LI-Hybrid
Keywords: PURE Insurance, White Plains , Head of Tax, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!