Senior Financial Analyst - Budgeting and Financial Planning
Company: Max Populi, LLC
Location: White Plains
Posted on: November 18, 2022
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to serve as a business
partner to drive an effective budgeting and planning process and to
support high-level analysis. Our client is a leading healthcare
organization serving the Westchester community.
The Senior Financial Analyst will perform financial analysis to
evaluate operational performance and support budgeting and
decision-making, as well as produce reports related to
monthly/quarterly financial and volume results.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible supporting the
creation and tracking of the hospital operating and capital budget
and maintaining and growing our cost accounting and
budgeting/reporting systems (Med-Metrix, Kaufman Hall/Syntellis,
EPIC, and Infor),
The ideal candidate will have refined analytical skills and be
comfortable manipulating and summarizing observations from large
data sets. As well as be extremely well-organized and have
excellent time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously, under sometimes tight deadlines. Must be able to
work independently on complex projects and act as a finance
department liaison across all levels of the organization.
Assists in the preparation and tracking the annual Operating and
Capital budget. Maintains appropriate supporting
- Prepares monthly reporting of Volume Statistics, Operating
Revenue, Operating Expenses, Staffing, and Capital
- Identifies trends and fluctuations
- Provides insightful ad hoc analyses relating to all aspects of
the organization as needed
- Leads and participates in various special projects for Finance
and Operations that include:
- Developing and analyzing strategic business plans
- Coordinating with department heads to prepare various financial
and statistical analyses to support operational decision-
- Developing and monitoring project plans
- Develops expertise in various reporting system and provides
simple to complex reports to Management (EPIC, Infor, Kaufman
- Delivers training to end users on Kaufman Hall and budgeting in
classroom and individual settings
- Manages the capital budgeting & tracking process. Facilitates
capital committee meetings and manages the maintenance and growth
of Capital Tracking and Capital Planning systems.
- Helps oversee and grow Cost Accounting System (Med-Metrix)
along with Dashboard reports
- Acts as a finance department liaison department throughout the
- Cross-trained to perform in other areas of the Finance
Department as required.
- Assists with annual audit and preparation of materials for
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business/Hospital
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and business practices
desirable. Healthcare experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Management Information Systems Administration and
implementation desirable (EPIC, Infor, Kaufman Hall/Syntellis,
- Knowledge of organizational budgeting processes
- Knowledge of Decision Support/Cost Accounting Systems
- 3-5 years' experience in a Healthcare or Financial Analyst
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Detail-oriented and analytical skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to understand key issues and synthesize complex
information to communicate to various audiences.
- Refined analytical skills; comfort manipulating and summarizing
observations from large data sets
- Effectively communicates and develops professional cooperation
across the organization.
- The position works closely with other members of the Finance,
IT, Nursing, Patient Accounting and Human Resource Departments and
must be able to maintain productive working relationships with all
other ancillary departments as required.
- Position must exhibit integrity and confidentiality in dealing
with information which can be sensitive in nature, including
information which may fall under HIPAA regulations.
Keywords: Max Populi, LLC, White Plains , Senior Financial Analyst - Budgeting and Financial Planning, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!