Senior Accountant - GL
Company: Michael Page
Location: White Plains
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Reconciles and analyzes various general ledger accounts.
Maintains a strong understanding of multi-ledger, multi-currency
functions and prepares work and reconciles accounts at all levels
of the general ledger (office, department, profit center, currency
and book). Client Details My client is one of the most prestigious
law firms in the world. Relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork
and tenacity, their lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and
novel solutions to their clients' legal issues. Description
- Reconciles and analyzes various general ledger accounts.
- Resolves errors/omissions and discrepancies in a timely and
- Prepares manual journal entries as needed.
- Completes assigned recurring tasks timely and communicates
delays and challenges as they arise.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation supporting
analysis and journal entries.
- Assists in financial statement preparation.
- Assists with audit requests by gathering and properly
- Maintains a strong understanding of multi-ledger,
multi-currency functions and prepares work and reconciles accounts
at all levels of the general ledger (office, department, profit
center, currency and book).
- Strong understanding of sub-ledger functions and their effect
on financial reporting.
- Resolves problems with minimal guidance and supervision from
- Assists with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal
communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Profile
- Knowledge of advanced accounting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (e.g. conditional functions, pivot
tables, appropriate data formatting/cleaning techniques).
- Experience with ERP accounting systems.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g.,
Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills,
both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively
within a team.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies, relevant industry
direction(s), and best practices.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to
meet operating and business needs. Experience/Education
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting Minimum
five years of accounting related experience Job Offer
- Competitive salaries and year-end discretionary bonuses.
- Comprehensive healthcare (medical, dental, vision), savings
plan/401(k), and voluntary benefits.
- Generous PTO.
- Paid leave options, including parental.
- In-classroom, remote, and on-demand learning & professional
- Robust well-being classes and programs.
- Opportunities to give back and make an impact in local
communities. MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status,
or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected
by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages
applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected
veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Keywords: Michael Page, White Plains , Senior Accountant - GL, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!