Director of Development & Construction
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Professionals' Choice for Real Estate Jobs Job Description:
Director of Development & Construction Overall Responsibility: The
Director of Development and Construction ("DD") is our leader
across a broad spectrum of construction and development related
activities for the company's multifamily and commercial
developments. Broadly, the DD is responsible for oversight,
direction, management, and execution of the company's development
and redevelopment projects. He/she should demonstrate an
entrepreneurial spirit, ability to multi-task, strong
communication/collaboration skills, and a track record as a
detail-oriented, values driven leader with a prideful work ethic.
The Director of Development and Construction reports directly to
the Managing Principal of the firm. Essential Functions:
- Proactively visualizes, defines, and implements
project-specific strategies to meet and deliver project
- Guide multiple projects and multiple teams (including outside
GCs) in each phase including pre-construction, construction,
closeout, and post-construction services.
- Assist capital markets team with investment parameters,
bottom-line profit and loss responsibility, planning, permitting,
market and financial analysis; interface with design and
construction and successfully development, renovate or reposition
- Manage all aspects of project execution directly or in
conjunction with third party GCs from start to finish including
responsibility for the budget, scheduling, quality assurance, and
safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans,
specifications, and relevant building codes.
- Oversees the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project
progress, budget, and scheduling. Monitor and assure timely
completion of the investment and development within the established
budget, schedule and required investment returns.
- Leads project meetings and overall cadence of project
- Reviews and responsible for accuracy of entire subcontractors'
and suppliers' pay requests; oversee the approval and draw
- Analyzes job costs and manages the project to the closing
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all
pre-development projects. Such consultation will include materials,
technology and equipment selections.
- Support the marketing and leasing plan.
- Consult with and assist asset management and operations in
identifying operational and management issues, opportunities and
benefits relating to development design and construction and
transfer of property to portfolio status or sale at completion.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 10+ years of hands-on real estate experience
preferably within the multi-family sector; commercial also a
- Demonstrable series of accomplishments indicating increased
responsibility and performance in a broad array of development
experience including incentives, permitting, design, construction,
finance, and leasing.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, construction, real estate, or
architecture. MBA or MS in Real Estate or Finance a plus.
- Must possess strong financial analyses skills, including
detailed discounted cash flow analysis utilizing Argus, Excel,
Project or similar software.
- Highly effective communication, presentation and listening
abilities are essential - robust interpersonal skills, social
intelligence, and political acumen.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter in an
entrepreneurial environment; excellent organizational skills,
ability to plan projects and jobs maintaining complex schedules,
prioritize work and meet deadlines, set personal and project
priorities and be highly organized in day-to-day and longer-term
- Leadership and the ability to mentor and extract the highest
potential from supporting personnel and outside vendors and
- Travel to projects is required on a consistent basis.
*Competitive salary, dependent on years and level of experience.
Benefits. Company Overview: Company Overview: Camp Eight is a
multi-faceted real investment platform making equity and debt
investments in the multifamily and commercial real estate sectors.
We identify select opportunities in submarkets that meet our
investment criteria. It is a disciplined approach: we seek
attractive risk adjusted returns across the life cycle of asset
ownership.-- Please enter your email to view real estate's premier
jobs! (We only ask you to do this once per device)
Keywords: SelectLeaders, White Plains , Director of Development & Construction, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!