Senior Attorney II
Company: New York Power Authority
Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Provide legal advice to the Authority's Trustees, senior
management and all Authority business units. The attorneys in the
Department are, for administrative purposes, divided into five
divisions: judicial actions in federal and state courts, both trial
and appellate; procurement, insurance, environmental, and energy
efficiency matters; human resources, labor, and employment issues;
legislative and regulatory affairs including representing the
Authority in administrative proceedings before FERC and the NYS
PSC; and real estate and corporate support issues.
- Support senior management and provide legal advice and counsel
on complex cases and transactions.
- Research recent changes in law, rules and regulations related
to NYPA, identify potential impact to business operations and
- Conduct legal analysis of more complex or difficult issues and
draft transaction documents, legal opinions and briefs.
- Present/communicate legal analysis on issues to senior
management and their potential impact on NYPA business
- Attend meetings with clients and business units and provide
support and counsel relative to key issues.
- Independently handle routine cases and transactions on behalf
- Collaborate with clients to maintain and implement strategies
that further NYPA and/or client interest.
- Work closely with outside counsel to develop case strategies
and monitor billing practices Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide timely responses and guidance to clients on
more complex legal issues without the opportunity to conduct legal
- Ability to draft transaction documents, legal opinions and
briefs with minimal supervision and revision.
- Ability to maintain professional, courteous and positive
relations with clients.
- Demonstrate ability to handle more complex transactions and
- Maintain good transaction and case management and time
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and knowledge of the Authority's structure and
policies. Education, Experience and Certifications
- Juris Doctor Degree, admission to the New York State Bar and
admitted to practice in New York State and Federal courts.
- At least 7 years of legal experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: of law
relevant to NYPA, such as energy, regulatory, litigation,
municipal, commercial and project finance, and employment.
- Experience in utility industry and capital markets preferred.
- Approximately 25% travel primarily within NY State Military
Occupational Speciality Codes
MOS - Army:
MOS - Marines:--
MOS--- Navy: The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity
Employer New York is Powered by You We are a team of over 1,900
energy technologists, IT specialists, business experts, hydro
engineers, and other professionals leading the energy revolution.
With state-of-the-art technology, advanced R&D, and a
modernized infrastructure, we provide New Yorkers with low-cost,
clean, reliable power - and we are well on the way to becoming the
first fully digital utility in the country. At NYPA, you will be
empowered to think big, do good, and transform the energy
Nearest Major Market: White Plains
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Research
Keywords: New York Power Authority, White Plains , Senior Attorney II, Accounting, Auditing , White Plains, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!